Sunday 10 July 2011

The beginning...

A friend of mine started his own cooking blog. He's a great cook and has a passion for it. With my recent need to bake I thought a blog would be fun as well. We'll see how it goes.

Now if this is my first post I should be posting an amazing success right? Instead I will share the opposite. I had some buttermilk left over from a chocolate cake I made on saturday and thought it would be nice to use it up. Buttermilk biscuits would end the weekend off nicely. But I don't have a cutter to cut them out and even though I thought I could probably manage without I didn't feel like getting all floury once I thought about it.

To keep the theme of using things up I still have some chocolate kisses from a few months ago that should really be used for something so I thought peanut butter kiss cookies. I found a basic recipes on allrecipes.com that was basically 1c white sugar, 1 egg, 1 c of peanut butter. A reviewer had a different take on it using other sugars and increasing the batch qty. I figured I would meet them in the middle and yeah.... the cookies should have stayed in round ball form and instead spread out like pancakes.

And while I still stuck on the kisses after, they look pretty sad. But still edible and are a nice chewy peanut butter cookie. Still I nice reminder to always make a recipe for the first time without "making your own adjustments" that haven't already been suggested by more then one reviewer.

Oh well, it scratched the itch and I got to learn a little bit more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment